Popular Wedding Dance Songs for All Ages
Top are familiar to a variety of ages. Ideally, they should have received a lot of and have a sense of nostalgia, as well as an easy-to-sing melody. Every bride and groom have their own ideas on what will make their guests dance at a wedding, and many provide their own preferred playlist to the , DJ, or band responsible for the music at their wedding.
The day is about celebrating, and the music should mirror that emotion. Be aware that some of the songs may not be appropriate lyrically for conservative crowds or should be saved for later in the evening.
Oldies but Goodies
- Beatles: "Twist and Shout"
- Four Tops: "Ain't Too Proud to Beg"
- Foundations: "Build Me Up Buttercup"
- Otis Day and the Knights: "Shout"
Sing-Along Party Favorites
- AC/DC: "You Shook Me All Night Long"
- Beatles: "Hey Jude"
- Bon Jovi: "Livin' on a Prayer"
- Def Leppard: "Pour Some Sugar on Me"
- Neil Diamond: "Sweet Caroline"
- Journey: "Don't Stop Believin'"
- Van Morrison: "Brown-Eyed Girl"
- Frank Sinatra: "New York, New York"
- Bee Gees: "Stayin' Alive"
- Commodores: "Brick House"
- Earth Wind & Fire: "September"
- Michael Jackson: "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"
Classic Pop and Hip Hop
- Bell Biv DeVoe: "Poison"
- B-52s: "Love Shack"
- Dexy's Midnight Runners: "Come On Eileen"
- Michael Jackson: "Billie Jean"
- Kenny Loggins: "Footloose"
- Prince: "Kiss"
- Rob Base & DJ EZ-Rock: "It Takes Two"
- Sir Mix-a-Lot: "Baby Got Back"
- Black-Eyed Peas: "I Gotta Feeling"
- Chris Brown: "Forever"
- Taio Cruz: "Dynamite"
- Miley Cyrus: "Party in the USA"
- Lady Gaga: "Poker Face"
- Nelly: "Hot in Herre"
- Notorious B.I.G.: "Mo' Money Mo' Problems"
- Santana feat. Rob Thomas: "Smooth"
- Justin Timberlake: "Sexyback"
Tips to Make Your Wedding Playlist a Success
When choosing songs or talking to your band or DJ about what music to play, remember that weddings almost always feature multiple generations in the same room. Choosing the right DJ can make a big difference since they have much more experience with weddings and building the right tracklist. Hiring a well-known DJ, or one who comes recommended can make a huge difference in your guests' enthusiasm. Choose a mix of songs that appeal to people in your grandparents' and your parents' age bracket, as well as music that shows the personalities of the bride and groom.