The Pros and Cons of Starting an eBay Consulting Business
eBay is one of the most popular marketplaces to sell goods and services online. While millions of people use eBay, not everyone knows how to use eBay tools effectively so they can reach the level of success they desire. This creates an excellent business opportunity for eBay pros who want to help others use eBay effectively and generate a significant income.
Here is a look at the pros and cons of starting an eBay consulting business, including several recommended resources to help you get started.
The Pros of Starting an eBay Consulting Business
Some of the benefits of starting a eBay consulting business include:
- Your business can be entirely home-based.
- You can work flexible hours, and as much as you want.
- You can target other small businesses and individuals.
- Startup costs are minimal.
- There is extensive training, online courses and books available to help you fine-tune your skills.
- The earning potential can be high.
- You can teach others how to use eBay or physically set up stores for your clients.
The Cons of Starting an eBay Consulting Business
Potential challenges of starting an eBay consulting business include:
- You must be willing to dedicate time to become familiar with the ins and outs of the eBay terminology, policies and procedures.
- You must stay up-to-date with eBay's ever changing policies and fee structures.
- If you choose to become an eBay Certified Consultant, you must take and pass the online exam.
- You may need other skills such as excellent communication skills, and strong writing and editing skills.
- There is little opportunity for repeat business from existing clients.