The Pros and Cons of Becoming a Green Consultant
Going green and living in an environmentally friendly way is not a passing fad. An increasing number of individuals, families, and businesses are starting to look for ways to reduce their carbon footprint and decrease their use of the earth's resources. This isn't always easy, so some people are looking to green or environmental consultants for help.
If you have a passion for the environment, are creative and eager to learn new ways to conserve and recycle, and enjoy teaching others about the environment, a small business as a green consultant may be a great option for you.
The Pros of Becoming a Green Consultant
There are a number of benefits that can come from starting a business as a green consultant. Here are a few:
- The work you do will benefit the environment.
- You have a broad target audience and can work with individuals, families or businesses.
- You can consult in the areas you are most passionate about -- green business, green marketing, environmentally friendly household management, green pet care, etc.
- You determine how much time you put in and when you work.
- Green consulting can be a great part-time business.
The Cons of Becoming a Green Consultant
Some of the potential challenges you may face when becoming a green consultant include:
- You may need to take training and become certified.
- It can be expensive to purchase the kits and tools required if you work with a green franchise.
- Some of the commissions you receive are minimal, so you'd have to do a lot of work to make significant income.
- You need to stay up-to-date on all of the environmental regulations and laws.
- You have to be able to think creatively to develop solutions to your clients' everyday environmental challenges.