Penalties for Driving Without Car Insurance in Tennessee
Tennessee is no stranger to uninsured drivers. Getting caught without car insurance will result in several different penalties.Tennessee has recently increased penalties for those drivers who choose to drive without the minimum coverage. The state is currently in the process of building a car insurance verification program. These programs have been proven by other states to make a huge impact on reducing the number of uninsured drivers on the road.
Tennessee's State Minimum Car Insurance Coverage
- $25,000 Bodily Injury Per Person
- $50,000 Bodily Injury Per Accident
- $15,000 Property Damage
- Matching uninsured/underinsured motorist limits
Caught Driving Without Car Insurance In Tennessee
- $300 Fine
- Car Towed: Not many states have uninsured vehicles towed. It will be a huge inconvenience and costly too. Paying for the tow fine plus the daily impound fee can add up. Combine it with the $300 fine, and it is going to be tough to get back on track financially for many drivers.
Caught Multiple Times
- All of the Above
- Registration Suspension
- Tags Confiscated
Top Reason For Driving Without Car Insurance
Many drivers simply can not afford it. Unfortunately, the cost of not having car insurance can be even more expensive. Causing a car accident and not having car insurance can lead to you personally paying for all damages out of pocket. Most people are not able to pay up and have no choice but to file bankruptcy, losing everything in the process.
Look for Ways to Save on Car Insurance
- Always keep car insurance active
- Pay on time to avoid late fees
- Choose the most cost-effective payment method (often EFT)
- Raise deductibles or reduce coverage
- Keep credit score good
- Shop around for the best rate
Car insurance can be very expensive. For those people directly impacted by uninsured drivers, that is no excuse.
Nobody plans on getting into an accident, but that is the exact reason for purchasing car insurance in the first place. Protection against what could happen. The more insured Tennessee residents, the better the cost will be for everyone.
More Options to Save Money on Car Insurance
- How to Get the Cheapest Car Insurance on the Planet
- Is $19 Car Insurance For Real?
- Comprehensive Vs. Collision
Let's Connect! Please Follow Me on Twitter