Kimberly Amadeo clarifies economic and business news. She explains how these trends affect you and the steps you need to take so you can profit now.
She is the author of . Order now at and . She also wrote , also available on Amazon.com.
Kimberly is president of . She has 20 years senior-level experience in economic analysis and business strategy working for major international corporations.
She received an M.S. in Management from the Sloan School of Business at M.I.T. in 1987, an M.S. in Social Planning from Boston College in 1978 and a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Rochester in 1976.
Fox Business, Varney & Co.
- March 5, 2014.
- November 29, 2012.
- , July 10, 2012.
- , June 22, 2012.
- , December 21, 2013 (at 2:19 minutes).
- , October 16, 2013 (at 4:22 minutes).
- May 22, 2013 (at 4:27 minutes)
Crosstalk RT, November 24, 2013.
NewsmaxTV, , September 27, 2013.
Will Deener, Financial Columnist, The Dallas Morning News, "How a Strong Dollar Impacts You," January 18, 2017.
- TV2 Denmark, "," February 14, 2016.
- U.S. News and World Report, , October 5, 2012.
- Industry Week, , September 27, 2013.
- Payscale.com, Beth Taylor, , September 18, 2013; , September 17, 2013. , September 16, 2013.
- Agencia CMA, Sao Paulo, Brazil, "Perspectives on U.S. Housing Market," July 31, 2013.
- Yahoo! Shine, , July 17, 2013. , December 9, 2011.
- Investor Ideas, , June 20, 2012.
- Cleveland Plain Dealer, , June 15, 2012.
- CUNYontheEconomy.com, , April 5, 2012. , April 6, 2012.
- CreditCards.com, , December 9, 2011.
- American Express Insights, March 18, 2011.
- The Washington Times, "," October 9, 2017.
- NASDAQ, "," October 6, 2017.
- Goldman Sachs, , republished by Zero Hedge, , April 22, 2013.
- Huffington Post, June 6, 2012.
- WJR News Talk 760 AM, Detroit Michigan, "What Happens If Trump Dumps Obamacare?" January 12, 2017.
- Share Radio, London, UK, "Fed Policy and Inflation," January 20, 2016.
- KSRO Santa Rosa, Morning News, "Is China's Stock Market Slump Contagious?" July 28, 2015. "Black Friday's Impact on the Economy," November 28, 2014.
- 610 CKTB, St. Catharines, ON, "The Greek Debt Crisis," February 19, 2015.
- KCEG Denver, On the Right Side, , August 17, 2013.
- POTUS Channel, SirisXM with Chris Core, "State of the Union," February 15, 2013
- KFNN, Phoenix, AZ, "2013 State of the Union." February 14, 2013. Vice-Presidential Debate Summary, October 15, 2012. May Credit Card Debt, July 20, 2012.
- KFWB News Talk 980 (CBS, Los Angeles) "The Gist of the Fiscal Cliff," November 27, 2012.
- KOA News Talk 850 (Denver), "The Gist of the Fiscal Cliff," November 27, 2012.
- WDUN, "Black Friday Hits New Record,", November 26, 2012. "U.S. Consumer Debt Hits All-Time Record," October 24, 2012.
- WSRQ, Rudd Report, "Beyond the Great Recession," October 1, 2012.
- WMNF, Rob Lorei, "Economics Teach-In," September 27, 2102.
- KLPW, Diane Jones, "August Jobs Report," September 11, 2012.
- KFWB News Talk Radio, Los Angeles, "Why Mortgage Interest Rates May Not Be This Low for Another 200 Years, June 12, 2012.
- KLPW-AM St. Louis, MO, "Seasonal Jobs Drop Spooks Markets," June 4, 2012.
- WDUN-AM 550 GA, PM News "Seasonal Jobs Drop Spooks Markets," June 1, 2012.
"Thank you for a great article "Can Trump Bring Back American Jobs?" It's easy to understand and succinct yet full of great information," Tania Ewing.
"Great article (Donald Trump on Health Care) – really well written – thank you." Alan Nadolna, President, The Associates Group.
"Really liked your article on 'How the US Trade Deficit Hurts the Economy.' I wrote a book on trade policy Globalization and America's Trade Agreements and completely share your view. Bill Krist, Woodrow Wilson Center
"I searched the internet to understand the Greek crisis...went on Forbes, Newsweek, Washington post... but your explanation was awesome to read. Congratulations on an awesome article." Leo Olivera.
"You are legit so good at your job. The way you explain things so simply with sources and no filler...! Big fan!" Asa Highsmith, Principal, Common Works Architects.
"Just read your article, "Did Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac cause the mortgage crisis?" Just fantastic!! Finally a succinct, understandable, and unbiased assessment. Thank YOU!!!" Don White, Coldwell Banker Residential
"I can't tell you how much I appreciate and trust your About.com U.S. Economy Guide. You make the complex, understandable, the understandable, useful." Victor Barbieri
"You did a fine job on the US economy in 2008 piece. It was most helpful to me. Thanks. With warm regards." Roger Weissinger-Baylon, Ph.D.Workshop Chairman and Co-Founder; Director, Center for Strategic Decision Research
"Given the absolute mountain of words that have been written about the Obama tax cuts and the need to create jobs, this is the first post I've seen that addresses whether the cuts will work. Fantastic." Peter Lavelle, Host, Crosstalk RT
"Finding your blog is a gift from God, for I have been searching for clear, concise, 'no-spin' online economic writing for a long time. Your thoughts are breathtaking." Tony Richardson, President, RichardsonHeritage Group, Inc.
"Great newsletter! Simple with good insights. What I find useful is the factual and informative basis of all your pieces capped off by what it all means. It really is a breath of fresh air compared to an awful lot of material out there where you have to trudge through the ideologies and biases of the writer. Keep up the good work!" Shankar Jegasothy, Quantitative Analyst, Income & Fixed Interest, BT Investment Management
" I really admire your site and your knowledge and insights. There is so much uninformed 'noise' about the US and world economies and I so enjoy your common sense approach. Thanks for your wisdom and sanity! I enjoy reading your articles and posts." Liam Naden, New Zealand Travel.
"Thanks so much for everything you wrote. The internet is full of uninformed 'noise' about the US and world economies indeed. I have been searching for clear, concise, 'no-spin' online economic writing for a long time, finding your blog of is truly a jackpot in my conquest." Enlightened Kyp, Facebook reader.
I am delighted to make you smart about the U.S. economy. That way you can better understand the critical changes occurring now. I describe how these changes affect you and suggest how you can use this knowledge to enhance your well-being. Economics is the only game where you are on the field whether you like it or not. The only difference between the winners and losers is whether you know the rules of the game.
Thomas Jefferson said, "I think by far the most important bill in our whole code is that for the diffusion of knowledge among the people. No other sure foundation can be devised, for the preservation of freedom and happiness." August 13, 1786 in a letter to George Wythe. The global economy is complicated, so I try to make it simple and easy to understand. This knowledge is critical for you personally, but also for our society as a whole. (See Monticello.org for this and other great quotes on the importance of knowledge in a democracy )