These free murder mystery games will make sure you have everything you need to throw a murder mystery dinner or party, without having to spend the usual $20-$75 to buy the party kit that you'll probably only use once.
These games are good for 6-28 guests, so you should be able to find a great game no matter what the size of your party. Each game includes character descriptions and scripts so your guests will be ready to get into the game. Some of the free games also include free invitations, name tags, props, and more.
Here are some other that you may want to incorporate into your murder mystery party.
- : This free murder mystery game includes an almost 70-page file that includes planning instructions, party invitations, costume suggestions, name tags, rules, secret clues, maps, accusation sheets, suspect dossiers, and the solution.
- : This free murder mystery game is targeted towards kids who are 10-12 year old but I think it would also work well for an adult murder mystery party. This free kit includes a master plot spreadsheet as well as a list of characters. Each guest has it's very own printable party invitation as well as instructions. Props including a sign and birth certificate are also included for free.
- : This free murder mystery game is for 7-8 people and will take 2-4 hours to play. This includes every detail you need, host instructions, clues, floor plans, hints, character scripts, invitations, labels, and the solution.
- : This free murder mystery game includes parts for 8 players to figure out who murdered a passenger on the express train from India to Portugal. In-depth profiles are included for each character.
- : Here's a very detailed murder mystery game that includes a scripted show, as well as an improved show, that's set around your dinner party.
- : Here's a free murder mystery game that includes the set-up, characters, script, clues, and more. You'll need to subscribe to their free newsletter for the complete package.
- : This murder mystery script is for all the Harry Potter fans out there. Download the free script, character cards, evidence documents, memos, and directions all for free.
- : Here's a murder mystery that's set in a 1920's jazz club in New York City. The free PDF file includes an introduction, instructions, party guidebook, character sheets, clue cards, and voting sheets. Up to 15 people can play this one.
- : Download free murder mystery character cards and play the free Butler Kicks the Bucket murder mystery. There are enough cards for up to 15 players.
- : A fun detective style murder mystery game that's for 7-24 players.