Software Engineer Resume Sample
Here is a resume sample for a software engineer with experience. Use it as a template or for inspiration for your resume writing.
555 Main Street
Sacramento, CA 95628
myname@myemail dot com
A results-driven, customer-focused, articulate and analytical Senior Software Engineer who can think “out of the box.” Strong in design and integration problem-solving skills. Expert in Java, C#, .NET, and T-SQL with database analysis and design.
Skilled in developing business plans, requirements specifications, user documentation, and architectural systems research. Strong written and verbal communications. Interested in a challenging technical track career in an application development environment.
- Engineering web development, all layers, from database to services to user interfaces
- Supporting legacy systems with backups of all cases to/from parallel systems
- Analysis and design of databases and user interfaces
- Managing requirements
- Implementing software development lifecycle policies and procedures
- Managing and supporting multiple projects
- Highly adaptable in quickly changing technical environments with very strong organizational and
E*Trade Financial, Sacramento, CA July 2002 – Present
(Customer Service Systems)
- Re-engineered customer account software systems used by brokerage teams. Web developer for user interfaces to trading inquiries, support parallel systems.
- Developed and implemented new feedback system for users concerns, bugs, and defect tracking regarding use and functionality of new interfaces.
- Coded web designed interfaces using Java, XML, XSL, AJAX, and JWS.
- Support system for existing intranet for employees, including designing and developing the Advantage@Work system company-wide.
- Code and support provided through ASP.NET, T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle 9i.
- Collaborated in the development of in-house development of new banking software interfaces. Supported existing legacy system to provide newly created cases and ensured they were available in the systems in parallel until legacy systems were retired.
Intel Corporation, Folsom, CA Jan 2000 – Jul 2002
Systems Programmer (Remote Servers and SSL Product Analyst)
- Deployed and tested Remote Installation Services(RIS)-Server Installs on Windows XP.
- Focused deployment of Server builds and handled some client builds.
- Modified Visual Basic applications for use in post-server builds for customizing builds.
- Researched RIS and Active Directory for future deployment worldwide. Presented findings to both the Networking Operating System Network Technology Integration team and the Microsoft Joint Development Team (JDP) at Intel. Produced a document binder for RIS and Active Directory to follow the project to the next team representative.
- Wrote bi-monthly progress reports, participated in weekly staff meetings and JDP team meetings designed to develop white paper processing.
- Provide technical support to the SSL team, managing inventory.
- Participated in testing and use system as it was integrated into Intel.
- Managed Chipset products for IO Business Units.
CSU Chico, Chico, CA 2000 – 2002
Business Department (Visual Basic Teaching Assistant)
Department (Supervisor MS Office Suite Teaching Assistant)
- Supervised all lab assistants, guiding them with student project development.
- Provided one-to-one guidance with Visual Basic programming instruction techniques.
- Wrote small program projects for assignments.
- Presented structured learning labs where students could ask questions regarding Visual Basic Programming construct and syntax.
- Prepared structured teaching guides pertaining to chapter material that complemented the lectures by the professor.
- Provided customized software for tracking student progress throughout the semester. It included reporting for the professor on assessments, projects, homework, lab work, attendance, and overall grades.
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Access, SAP
- Software: Microsoft Office, Remedy, Microsoft SQL Server, DB Artisan, Eclipse, Visual Studio.NET, FrontPage
- Languages: C#, Java, Visual Basic, ASP, XML, XSL, JWS, SQL, and T-SQL
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Chico, CA
BS Computer Science/ Business Minor
COLLEGE OF THE SISKIYOUS, Weed, CA
AS Computer Science