- Contributes content to MarketWatch as one of their .
- Has been writing as an expert on retirement related topics since 2008.
- Is a Certified Financial Planner, Retirement Management Analyst, Kolbe Certified Consultant, and a member of NAPFA (National Association Of Personal Financial Advisors), FPA (Financial Planning Association), and RIIA (Retirement Income Industry Association).
- Has been practicing since 1995.
Dana Anspach is a former writer for The Balance. She contributed to The Balance for nearly nine years.
Anspach served as Chair of the Practitioner Peer Review Committee from 2010 through 2015. She was a principal/financial advisor at Wealth Management Solutions, LLC from 2005 through 2011, and a financial advisor with 1st Global from 2001 through 2005.
Anspach earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida.
Awards and Publications
- Author of "," now in its second edition.
- Author of ": A Guide to Claiming Benefits for Those Age 60-70
About The Balance and Dotdash
The Balance makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, The Balance will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
The Balance is part of the publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.