Pros and Cons of Starting a Air Duct Cleaning Business
Air ducts, or vents, move air throughout almost all buildings, including houses and commercial buildings. All of these ducts need to be cleaned to remove dust, debris and mildew, and to provide clean pollutant-free air to breathe.
Homes, especially those that have household members with breathing problems, need the air ducts cleaned regularly. Because many homeowners don't have the equipment, time or knowledge needed to clean their air ducts without help, an air duct cleaning business can be a very lucrative and successful business idea.
The Pros of Starting a Air Duct Cleaning Business
If you decide to start an air duct cleaning business, some of the benefits you may experience include:
- You can work as much or as little as you want.
- There are numerous health benefits to customers.
- There are franchise opportunities available.
- It is relatively easy to establish an air duct cleaning business.
- The overhead for materials and supplies is low.
- You can offer other ancillary services, such as chimney cleaning.
The Cons of Starting a Air Duct Cleaning Business
Some of the challenges you may experience when starting an air duct cleaning business include:
- Startup costs may be significant if you need to purchase vacuum equipment and a vehicle.
- You may face a seasonal slow-down in business, depending on where you live.
- Air duct cleaning may require two people to do effectively.
- You will need a good knowledge of HVAC.