Rejection Letter Samples
Writing Applicant Rejection Letters? These Samples Can Help You
Do you use applicant rejection letters? You do if you are earning a reputation as an . You do if you want your candidates to feel important and communicated with regularly. There are of choice will want to communicate with their job candidates.
Unfortunately, the concept of ghosting has become prominent. Ghosting occurs when a prospective employer at any point . The job candidate may call and call but the employer fails to communicate that they have rejected his or her candidacy. This is cruel and disrespectful.
Ghosting is also relevant when a job candidate stops communicating with an employer at any point in the recruitment and selection process. For example, Human Resources managers note that they have set up interviews with job candidates who never show up for the interview. They have offered a job to a prospect who never responded to their offer. Employers have called and left a message for the employee to return their call when they want to set up a second interview. This is dumb on the candidate's part.
In all of these cases, the —but never told about the rejection in a rejection letter, email, or phone call. Come on people, you all can do better than this. Show a little class and .
Candidate Sample Rejection Letters
Here are for the applicants who did not get the job. Use these to develop your own letters to politely and kindly turn a job candidate down. Use rejection letters to kindly and classily communicate with your applicants at each step in your hiring process.
Candidate Rejection Letter Sample: Not Selected for an Interview
The following is a sample rejection letter for a candidate who did not appear to be a good fit for the open position or for your company. You can only learn so much from and or an online application but often, what you learn is enough.
For example, a developer who prefers to work alone will not in your company where the team sits together in an open format. You will not want to spend precious employee time on this candidate.
Name of Applicant
Dear (Applicant Name):
This letter is to inform you that you were not selected to undergo a phone screen or an onsite interview for the position for which you applied. We appreciate your interest in our open position and that you took the time to send us your credentials and an application.
Again, thank you for applying for the (Name of Job) role.
HR Generalist and Recruiter
Candidate Rejection Letter Sample Following an Interview
In this sample rejection letter, the employer wants to let the candidate know the following information.
- The job candidate is rejected.
- The reason? They found other candidates with more experience directly relevant to the job.
- They liked this candidate but not for the current opening but he is encouraged to apply again.
Name of Applicant
Dear (Applicant Name):
As you know, we interviewed a number of candidates for the (Name of Job) position, and we have determined that several other candidates we interviewed have more experience that is directly relevant to the requirements of our job opening.
This letter is to let you know that you have not been selected for the position.
Thank you for taking the time to come to (Company Name) to meet our interview team. The team enjoyed meeting you and our discussions. You are kindly encouraged to apply again in the future if we post a job opening for which you qualify.
Real Person's Name and Signature
Example: HR Director for the Employee Selection Team
More Sample Candidate Rejection Letters
- See a standard that you use to respond to applicants who are not as qualified as the applicants you decide to interview.
- See another sample, simple for applicants whom you reject without an interview.
- Here is another for applicants whom you choose not to invite for an interview.
- See another for use when you'd like the candidate to interview for a different job in your company.
- Here is a for a candidate you hope applies again in the future: good .
- Find another for an applicant whom you hope reapplies in the future.
- This is a rejection letter for a candidate who was not selected .
- Find a for a candidate who is rejected following an interview.