Teamwork.com (formerly Teamwork PM Project Management Software) Review
Teamwork Projects is Great for Freelancers and Small Teams
Teamwork Projects (formerly Teamwork Project Manager) is a web and app-based project management software for freelancers and small teams offered by Teamwork.com
Teamwork.com offers three core products:
- Teamwork Projects, which is a project management tool
- Teamwork Desk, which is a customer support helpdesk
- Teamwork Chat (Beta), which is a team collaboration / chat program
This review will focus on Teamwork Projects.
With Teamwork Projects, each project can have milestones, task lists, and tasks, messages back-and-forth between team members (and clients), group editable documents, file sharing, and time tracking.
See Also: More Focus, Better Productivity, & Faster Results for Your Business
Teamwork Projects: Fully Hosted, Web, and App-Based
You don't need to install anything. Teamwork Projects is a fully hosted and cloud-based subscription service.
Teamwork Projects is a fantastic web and app based project management tool for freelancers and small teams that do client work.
Teamwork Projects Pricing
Teamwork Projects offers a 30-Day Unlimited Free Trial with no credit card required to sign up, no per-user fees, and an option to cancel at any time.
Once your free trial expires you have the option to sign up for one of six (6) plans, depending on your needs; including:
- PERSONAL - $12/month, 5 Projects, 1GB space
- STARTUP - $24/month, 15 projects, 5GB space
- SMALL OFFICE - $49/month, 40 projects, 20 GB space
- OFFICE - $99/month, 85 projects, 45 GB space
- PROFESSIONAL - $149/month, 200 projects, 100GB space
- BUSINESS - $249/month, 500 projects, 400GB space
All plans come with an unlimited number of users and the company reports that the OFFICE plan is the most popular option.
There are additional features and benefits with the higher-tier plans; you can see a full comparison of all the plans here.
See Also: 3 Ways to Make Email Automation Work for Your Business
Teamwork Projects Features
These are features that are comparable to other web-based project management software. For each feature, I describe Teamwork Projects offerings and compare it to the industry standard.
- Projects - A project is the highest level of organization. Each project has milestones, task lists, and tasks, notes (wiki-like documents), time tracking, and file uploads. Users and company access are handled at the project level.
- Time Tracking - You can log time spent doing tasks. Logged work can be marked as billable, which makes invoicing clients easier.
- File Sharing - Files can be uploaded and shared within projects. Storage space for uploaded files is limited based on the plan you choose.
- Task lists and Tasks - Tasks (todo items) are grouped into task lists. Lists can be tied to a milestone. A nice feature of Teamwork Projects is the ability to comment on tasks. Sometimes, a task grows into a more complex action item, and having the ability to leave comments / progress reports is nice.
- Notes - Notes are documents any team member can edit. Good for tracking projects specs, login information, or other reference material for the team.
- Messages - Pretty standard fare. Projects have a message board so team members and clients can talk to each other. Messages can be emailed out to team members, and their email replies will be automatically added to the message board. This setup makes for easy team communication.
See Also: LinkedIn Networking Tips to Grow Your Business
What's Exceptional About Teamwork Projects
These are the features that make Teamwork Projects stand out from other web-based project management software.
- More Features and Cheaper Than Basecamp - There are many upstart services trying to copy Basecamp. Teamwork Projects is one of the better ones.
- Unlimited Companies and Users - Some online project management tools limit the number of active users allowed in their plan pricing.
- Risk Register - A unique feature of Teamwork Projects. The Risk Register is where you can post potential problems for the project. For each potential problem, you can assign it a priority (or likelihood of the problem appearing). This feature helps team members and clients watch out for potential snafus that can derail a project.
- Email Integration - Get alerts and notifications via email. That's a standard feature. What's great is that you can reply to the message emails, and have your comment automatically appended to the message board for the project.
- Tasklist Templates - If you have a standard checklist of tasks for every new client, you'll appreciate the ability to save task lists templates.
- Customer Service - I sent the Teamwork Projects team some feedback while I was reviewing the service. They got back to me quickly (within 12 hours), and it wasn't even a form letter! They were genuinely concerned about the feedback, and will be implementing one of my suggestions in the next upgrade! Exceptional customer service means talking and listening to your customers, and Teamwork Project passes that test with flying colors.
Teamwork Projects Cons
- Could Be Faster - I wouldn't call it slow, but the service can be snappier. This may just be because Teamwork Projects is growing quickly at the moment. I've seen lots of new recommendations for this service recently, and I expect the Teamwork Projects team to add more hardware capacity soon to help alleviate the load.
If you're currently in the market for a project management and team communication service, other options to consider include Basecamp, Wrike, Asana, and LiquidPlanner.
See Also: 5 Reasons You Should Start Your Own Company Page on Facebook
Edited by Online Business/Hosting Expert Brian T. Edmondson