Health Insurance Industry Resume Example and Writing Tips
The health insurance industry is a big one, and involves a wide variety of roles, from actuaries to customer support to sales and beyond. If you are applying for a job in this industry, pay careful attention to the job description and .
Tips for Writing a Health Insurance Industry Resume
How else can you make your resume stand out? Try following these strategies:
Consider including a summary statement. The resume example following this section includes a as well as sections on education, employment, and skills. A key component is the overview summary at the top of the resume. A summary overview is a concise paragraph that highlights what makes you an ideal candidate for a position. Ultimately, it sets you apart from the competition.
Emphasize skills, as well as certification or training. If you have HIPAA training or certification, or other relevant training or certification, do mention it on your resume. These may be qualifications that employers in the industry seek out. As well, be sure to highlight (in your experience section, as well as in an optional ) any relevant skills. For instance, if you're applying to be a claims processor, attention to detail is a must. If you will be explaining benefits to consumers, strong and are important.
Make sure your resume is easy to read. Resumes can be chronological, functional, or a mix of the two. Learn more about the . Whatever option you choose, make sure to make it consistent and easily readable. That means using white space so people can scan the page and a . Make sure to , too.
Review our top .
Health Insurance Resume Example
This is an example of a resume for a health insurance related position. (compatible with Google Docs and Word Online) or take a look at even more . Use this sample as inspiration when formatting and writing your own resume.
Health Insurance Resume Example (Text Version)
999 Main Street, New York 10003
- Medical professional with five years of financial experience in the private sector.
- Adept at using multiple electronic billing and data management systems, including the most current insurance programs.
- Excellent bedside manner and award-winning communication skills.
BAPTIST MEDICAL HOSPITAL, Little Rock, Ark.
Benefits Representative, December 2016-Present
Work in Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Unit Admissions of Outpatient Services at Hickingbotham Center admitting patients.
- Serve as liaison representative between family members and doctors, coordinating follow-up procedures.
- Train over 25 employees on new, complex insurance systems.
- Processed commercial and Blue Cross Blue Shield claims with special emphasis on inpatient accounts.
ARKANSAS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Little Rock, Ark.
Account Analyst, April 2014-December 2016
Processed commercial and Blue Cross Blue Shield claims with special emphasis on inpatient accounts.
- Served as claims auditor for all accounts requested by over six insurance companies.
AMERICAN HOME PATIENTS, Little Rock, Ark.
Claims Processor, July 2012- March 2014
Served as Medicare department claims processor for Part C coverage with durable medical equipment.
- Served as coordinator for all referrals and for new equipment used by physicians.
March 2008-January 2012: Active Duty, Honorable Discharge, Rank E-5, MOS: 11B
Bachelor of Business Administration (2010); GPA 3.98
University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Little Rock, Ark.
Dean’s List; Graduated Summa cum Laude