Funny, Inspirational Quotes About Franchises
Franchising Quotations from Consumers, Business Leaders, Famous Founders
Franchising is a business model that born in the U.S. with the Singer Sewing Machine Company in 1851. In many countries around the world, America is best known and often characterized by its pervasive all-American franchises. Many of the are completely dependent on their franchise locations and for their success.
What do consumers, business leaders, and famous founders think about franchises and franchising?
These are funny and inspirational quotable quotations about franchises, franchising, franchise owners, and specific franchise chains like , Burger King, Taco Bell, and KFC. These franchise quotes are arranged in no particular order. Click the links to find out more about an individual company or quote author.
Inspirational Quotes About Retail Franchises, Franchising, and Franchise Owners
- Never sell, never franchise. - Lynsi Torres, Owner of In-N-Out Burger Chain
- I hate that word 'franchise' - it always makes me think of French fries. - Sigourney Weaver, American Actress
- “The most stunning thing you can do is go to Riyadh [the capital of Saudi Arabia] and walk around the streets downtown, ... After you have had lunch at McDonald's, coffee at and shopped at Saks Fifth Avenue, one has to wonder if they actually hate Americans or not.” - Thomas Lippman, Journalist Specializing in Middle East and Saudia Arabia
- “I stop [at Burger King] occasionally for a hamburger and that's as close as I've gotten.” - Warren Buffett, Mega Investor
- “Once I saw a duck walking down the street so I went into Subway and ordered two pieces of bread, and they informed me that they could not do that, like there was some special rule at Subway that two pieces of bread weren't allowed to touch. So the woman asked me what I wanted on the sandwich and I said I do not care it is for a duck, and she was like oh then it's free. I was not aware that ducks eat for free at Subway. It's like give me a chicken fajita sub, but don't worry about ringing it up, it is for a duck.” - Mitch Hedberg, American Comedian
- “Whether you're working at McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, there's really no sex appeal to that kind of job.” - Joseph Anthony
- "The insurance of working with a big, already successful franchise just gives you the chance to do other things on a more personal level.” - Jason Statham
- “I don't think there is any franchise more powerful than ours around securing the consumer experience and we will not concede that to anyone including Microsoft." - John W. Thompson, Chairman of Microsoft
- “The biggest threat to McDonald's lies within - and that is us as a company becoming complacent. There are a lot of companies that get fat, dumb and happy and take their eye off the ball and forget about serving customers.” - Charlie Bell, Former McDonald’s CEO
- When my husband Jonas and I started Auntie Anne's in 1988, we never expected or anticipated building an international pretzel franchise. It was the farthest thing from our minds. - Anne F. Beiler, Co-founder of Auntie Anne’s Restaurant Chain
- “You can't be McDonald's and get into apparel. Companies have to focus on what they're good at. They have to focus on their targeted market.” - Ben Strom
- “You can't do well unless your franchisees do well.” - Richard Cole, Founder Geeks on Call
- “Surprisingly, the stereotype that people don't like monolithic clones of McDonald's-type stores is ... so much not the case ... Part of the appeal [of Starbucks] is that it is the same everywhere -- you can go in and know exactly what you're getting.” - Robert Meyer
- The window of opportunity is open today for American specialty retailers to come in and establish their brand either through franchising, licensing deals or distribution partnerships. - Fadi Farra, Global Economist