Customer Service Resume: Examples and Writing Tips
Are you applying for a ? If so, you'll want to emphasize some of the commonly required for customer service employees, such as being a good communicator and having strong interpersonal skills. Employers will also be looking for candidates who are punctual and responsible because customer service workers often handle cash registers and replace other employees during shift changes.
How to Include Skills in Your Resume
In addition to possessing strong soft skills, you may also want to include throughout your resume. You should also be sure to list any previous customer service positions you've held. If you haven't worked in customer service in the past, think about ways your prior work experience demonstrates that you have the abilities required for a customer service position.
The most important elements to include in your resume are your , , and . Another optional way to highlight your customer service abilities is to list them in a .
Optional Resume Sections
Optional sections that you can include are a or . Use the objective or profile to specify what role you are looking for, along with the talents and abilities you'd bring to the position. If you do not have direct customer service experience, use this section to demonstrate that you still have relevant experience and strengths that would make you a good candidate for the job—and be specific.
Customer Service Resume Example
The following is an example of a resume for a customer service job. Note the consistent formatting throughout the document, and the clear language used in the bullet points describing each previous job. You do not have to include every tiny responsibility held in each position. Instead, provide the most relevant information, and group together similar tasks. If you're fairly new at resume writing, be sure to bone up on .
Do not copy the resume below precisely. Your resume needs to be a unique document, highlighting your own work history and strengths. However, use the example to get a sense of the language to use and the best information to include.
123 Main Street
Albany, NY 12345
(111) (111 -1111)
Customer Services Specialist
Brand Buys, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Assist customers with returns, purchasing store protection plans, and service packages.
- Schedule in-home services via the online interface.
- Answer phone inquiries from customers and stores regarding the status of units and other service issues.
- Assist with new employee training including store policies, services, financing options, and register operations.
Customer Service Assistant
Saratoga Springs City Hall, Saratoga Springs, NY
September 20XX–May 20XX
- Assisted clientele as they entered the office and via the phone.
- Performed filing and data management tasks, and drafted and edited short office memos.
- Assisted with all other office administrative duties.
Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY
September 20XX–May 20XX
- Performed input data and assisted with internship and alumni updates.
- Scheduled appointments and assisted students with registration.
Bachelor of Arts in English
- Ability to work with several operating systems, including Windows and Mac
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience maintaining office budget
The following is an example of a resume for a customer service position. It includes a list of qualifications, work experience, and education.
Customer Service Manager Resume Example
The following is an example of a resume for a customer service management position. It includes a list of qualifications, work experience, and education.
James E. Windsor
2000 NE 31st AVE.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33302
- Substantial experience and outstanding skills in customer service with seventeen years at PRC Realty Systems including five in management.
- Accustomed to working in fast-paced environments with the ability to think quickly and successfully handle difficult clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others, in both supervisory and support staff roles.
Installation Manager, Business Center Concepts, Inc., 20XX - present
- Oversee the installation of “The Office,” a business center offered by AlphaNet Hospitality Systems, Inc. at hotels across the country. Installation includes assembling a desk, connecting credit card readers to each component, and connecting each unit to the master. Provide training to hotel staff and management in use of each component (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and ensure all installation contracts are signed.
Sales Manager, Advanced Technology Components, Inc., 20XX – 20XX
- Managed dozens of public- and private-sector clients, supplying clients with electronic components for military, defense, and aerospace projects.
- Developed strong relationships with established accounts while acquiring over one dozen new accounts.
- Coordinated the administration of product orders, understood customer needs and guaranteed delivery of company's commitment.
- Received award in 20XX for salesperson in top 5% of company sales.
Owner/Operator, Entertainment Services, 20XX – 20XX
- Marketed video vending machines to restaurant and cocktail lounges
- Installed and serviced machines
- Made weekly customer service calls to existing customers.
- Saw profits increase by 30% over first two years
Account Manager, PRC Realty Systems, 19XX – 20XX
- Serviced multiple accounts which included all contractual items
- Supervised the on-site staff
- Prepared the budget, negotiated contract renewal
- Installed all new hardware and software
- Maintaining strong customer relationship with directors, MLS committees, and board staff.
Certificate, Electronic Technician, TVI
B.A., Business Administration, University of New Mexico