- Chartered Market Technician specializing in short- to medium-term technical strategies.
- Founder of VantagePointTrading.com, a website providing market analysis and trading tutorials.
- Member of the Market Technicians Association, the Canadian Society of Technical Analysts, and the International Federation of Technical Analysts.
- Educational writer for Investopedia and FuturesKnowledge. He has been writing since 2007.
Cory Mitchell is a former writer and day trading expert for Jacara. He began trading in 2005 as a proprietary trader. He left the firm to put more time into writing and educating traders in 2011.
Mitchell has worked with Fortune 500 companies and multiple international businesses providing analysis, hedging strategies, risk management, and consulting services.
He's been a radio guest on multiple programs throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Mitchell has trading experience in stocks, futures, currencies (forex), exchange traded products (ETFs, ETNs and Trusts), and options. He remains an active trader and investor in multiple markets.
Mitchell has a bachelor's degree with a focus in finance from the University of Lethbridge. He attended the Canadian Securities Institute from 2002 to 2005.
He holds the Chartered Market Technician designation.Awards and Publications
- Author of the Forex Strategies Guide for Day and Swing Traders ebook.
- Wrote and produced the Stock Market Swing Trading Video Course.
About Jacara and Dotdash
Jacara makes personal finance easy to understand. It is home to experts who provide clear, practical advice on managing your money. Whether you’re looking to invest, buy a home, save for retirement, or achieve another financial goal, Jacara will answer your questions with straightforward personal financial advice.
Jacara is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the internet, according to comScore, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.